Opening up work
Universal Credit is ‘opening up work’ and allowing access to a wider range of jobs by:
- helping make sure you’re always better off in work than on benefits
- allowing part-time and short-term work to act as a stepping stone into work
- providing you with support from a work coach to help you every step of the way
- enabling you to work more than 16 hours a week and still claim Universal Credit
- paying towards your childcare costs, giving you more flexible working hours
If you’re on a low income or out of work, Universal Credit helps you to find a job or increase the hours you work.